KBH Brumbies will find a perfect place for you! We have teams from entry level to Elite, anyone interested in building new friendships, learning new skills and improving their overall fitness should sign up and join our great club. We encourage anyone to come and give it a go. Junior girls 14+ are welcome to play senior hockey, older and more experienced girls are encouraged to participate as this helps improve your skills and helps transition to senior hockey later on.
Teams on offer for 2018 include:
- Elite: Premier League and Premier League Reserves, Pennant B
- Development teams: Pennant D & E
- Social teams: Metro B
Each training session this year varies. This incorporates group fitness/warm-up prior to getting on the pitch for the 1 hr of skills and drills. Fitness and warm-up will be paced at your individual fitness level, and if coaches are not there, get together and start on your own.
Fitness and strength are essential to health & well-being and limits injuries, your coach can provide you with a program to implement at home on off hockey days! It is important that we all do a proper warm-up before training and games and this helps ensure an enjoyable hockey experience.
Elite teams are expected to train twice a week with the remaining teams training once a week. The following training times apply:
- Wednesday 7-8 pm (Pennant D,E, Metro & Masters) Coached by Phil Kong
- Tuesday: 8:30 – 9:30 pm (PL&R, Pennant B) Coached by Sean Walsh, Steve White and Daniel Chang and Dave Kahanoff – pitch time
- Thursdays 7.00-8:30 pm (PL & PLR & Pennant B weekend teams) pitch time followed by dinner. Dinner is open to all Seniors- Coached by Sean Walsh, Steve White and Daniel Chang and Dave Kahanoff
We have a team of dedicated coaches for the 2018 season – give them your full support by attending training as often as possible and giving your all at each session!
- Sean Walsh
- Daniel Chang
- Phil Kong
- Steve White
- Dave Kahanoff
For more information about Brumbies Women’s hockey – to talk about what we have to offer and how you can join us or to find out more, contact our Women’s Vice President: Penny at firstname.lastname@example.org